Has Tom Cruise Bagged A Special Cameo In The New Star Wars Movie?

Hollywood action hero Tom Cruise is one of the latest stars to be linked to J.J. Abrams’ new Star Wars movie.

The 51-year-old actor is said to have met up with the film’s director J.J. Abrams in London over the weekend to discuss any involvement with the sci-fi blockbuster.

“Tom has been in London for over a week and met up with J.J. and some other people from Star Wars at the weekend,” a source told The Sun.

“On Saturday evening five of them met up for dinner and drinks at the Belgravia Hotel. J.J. produced Mission: Impossible 5 and loves working with Tom whenever he gets the chance.”

Will Tom Cruise star in the new Star Wars film? (WENN)

Meanwhile, it was announced last month that award-winning actress Lupita Nyong’o is set to appear in the movie.

In a recent interview with Vogue, the 12 Years a Slave star touched on why she couldn’t pass up the chance to star in Episode VII and another new project, the live-action remake of The Jungle Book.

She explained: “It’s a wonderful opportunity to be working in these fantastical realms. They’re worlds away from 12 Years a Slave, that’s for sure-but that kind of diversity is what dreams are made of.”

Production for the new Star Wars movie came to halt a couple weeks ago following Harrison Ford’s injury on-set.

The 71-year actor, who has reprised his role as Han Solo for the upcoming movie, was airlifted to hospital after being crushed by the door of the iconic Millennium Falcon.