Can Someone Explain Why Amy Poehler Hasn’t Won An Emmy?
Seth Meyers may have ended the Emmys run of embarrassingly bad hosts (check out the evidence here) but last night also belonged to Amy Poehler, who won the show with her one-liners.
The Parks and Recreation star was only on stage for a matter of minutes as she handed out a couple of gongs, but she made the most of the spotlight. Meyers kicked things off for the actress with this introduction: “Please welcome my beautiful and talented friend, Beyoncé!”
Amy then managed to mix up the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series category with “Best Onscreen Orgasm in a Civil War Reenactment.”
Amy Poehler won the Emmys (WENN)
And later on when she was joined by Meyers to introduce True Detective stars Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson to the stage, the pair came up with a list of how to describe the actors:
1. “Please welcome two men who also have no idea what happened at the end of True Detective.”
2. “Please welcome two gentlemen whose names are also items at marijuana dispensaries.”
3. “The only actors in Hollywood not rumored to be starring in season two of True Detective.”
4. “Please welcome two gentlemen who seem like they’d be chatty in the sack.”
Despite winning the room with her wisecracks, Amy failed to actually win an Emmy, losing out again in the Best Comedy Actress in a Television Series to Julia Louis-Dreyfus. If we can’t give the amazing Parks and Rec lead an actual Emmy, can she at least host next year?
This moment from the 2011 ceremony, is just another point in her favour…
More from the Emmys 2014:
- Emmys 2014: Netflix Hits Orange Is The New Black & House Of Cards Leave Empty Handed
- Emmys 2014 Worst Dressed: Lena Dunham What Were You Thinking?
- Why Did The Emmys Put Sofia Vergara On A Rotating Pedestal?
- Sherlock Finally Ends Emmys Drought As Benedict Cumberbatch And Co Scoop Three Awards
The Emmys red carpet