Beyonce To Perform At The BRIT Awards! Five Other Things To Expect From The Diva In 2013
News broke today that Beyonce is reportedly set to perform at the 2013 BRIT Awards in February, but that’s not all the diva has in her diary for this year.
The ‘Love On Top’ singer is finally returning to work after taking the year off to spend time with her daughter Blue Ivy, and it looks like Beyonce is coming back full force to remind the world exactly why she is called Sasha Fierce.
A source revealed this week that Beyonce, 31, will be making her way to the UK next month to perform at the BRIT Awards alongside the likes of One Direction, Mumford & Sons and Emeli Sande, becoming the first international act confirmed to appear at the ceremony.
But that will just be one of many projects Bey will be taking part of over the next 12 months, so for you eager fans out there, we’ve compiled some of the highlights to look out for!
1. Super Bowl Halftime performance – Beyonce announced last year that she will be headlining the coveted halftime show at the annual sports event on February 3 where she is expected to debut her new single.
2. Inauguration Ball – Beyonce will be performing the National Anthem at Barack Obama’s Inauguration on January 21, with Kelly Clarkson who will also sing for the re-elected President. The event will hold special memories for Queen Bey who sang Etta James’ ‘At Last’ at Obama’s first inauguration in 2008 as he had his first dance with wife Michelle.
3. Fifth studio album – Beyonce has been hard at work on her fifth studio album over the last few months, and has enlisted the likes of Ne-Yo, The-Dream, hubby Jay-Z, producer Hit-Boi and even Justin Timberlake, to feature. Fans can expect the record as early as April.
4. Destiny’s Child album and Super Bowl performance – The world’s favourite R&B girl band Destiny’s Child announced they will be releasing a new album, Love Songs, on January 27, which will consist of their best romantic tracks and a new song, ‘Nuclear,’ which premiered last week. Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams are rumoured to be joining Beyonce on stage at the Super Bowl to mark their comeback.
5. World tour? To promote her new album, Beyonce is said to be heading out on the road later this year to embark on a world tour.