LIKE ENTERTAINMENTWISE ON FACEBOOK TO GET THE HOTTEST NEWS FIRST!


Enjoy bonus videos, photos and posts and have your say on the the latest gossip!

Not convinced? Check it out.

Loading...

By Deepika Rajani On December 14, 2012

'It Saddens Me A Little Bit': L.A. Reid QUITS The X Factor USA!

The judge will not be returning to the show next year

It looks like next week won't just be the final of the X Factor USA for the contestants, it's going to be the end for judge L.A. Reid after he announced that he was quitting the show.

The judge, who has been a judge since the show began last year, will not return to the show next year.

Announcing the news to Access Hollywood, L.A. who is currently mentoring Tate Stevens in the competition, said that he was leaving due to his commitments as a chairman and CEO of Epic Records.

L.A. will not be back next year (Splash News)

He said: "I have decided that I will not return to 'The X Factor' next year."

"It saddens me a little bit, but only a little bit. I have a company to run that I've kind of neglected."

The judge, who has been seen judging alongside Simon Cowell, Demi Lovato and Britney Spears this year, added:

"This was a nice break but now it's time to get back to work."

Making it clear that his decision to leave had nothing to do with Simon, the judge said: "I love Simon. We have a great relationship. We have fun together, we talk, we laugh and do bad things, we're friends."

L.A.'s exit from the show comes after Radar Online reported that Britney Spears' job on the show may be at risk. A source said: "Producers were hoping to pull in between 15-20 million viewers but the show hasn’t reached those expectations and in a recent episode that clashed with the World Series only 5.7 million watched.

"Those numbers add up to cost cutting and Britney will be expendable. So, considering Fox has already renewed The X Factor for a third season, producers will be looking to spend less on the production of the show, including the judges' salaries. Britney, who was signed on a one-year deal, is the first person who will be expected to have her salary chopped.

The source added: "She is on a $15 million contract, which is absurd given that there's been no huge surge in the ratings. “

The judges are yet to take to their Twitter accounts following L.A.'s announcement. A rep for the X Factor USA has been approached for comment.

Tags : X Factor USA

comments powered by Disqus

Latest News

Follow us!