Lauren Pope from The Only Way Is Essex plans to sue those responsible for hacking her phone while she was romantically linked to Prince Harry.
The blonde bombshell, 28, told the Daily Star Sunday her friendship with the 27-year-old royal was ruined by press intrusion.
"I know now that details about me and Harry were published because of phone hacking. I know for sure because police told me," she said.
TOWIE's Lauren Pope (WENN)
The pair met in 2004 whilst on a night out, and she was photographed sitting on his knee. They remained close for the rest of the night... and he stayed in touch for weeks afterwards.
But when the press got hold of what was going on, all contact stopped.
Lauren said: "It’s weird it happened to me. I can’t believe they did it, to be honest. Hopefully it doesn’t happen to people any more."
A pal added: “It looked like Lauren had sold her story to make a quick buck so it’s no surprise Harry cut all ties with her. But all along it was hacking that ruined everything for her. They were starting to get really close and if things had carried on that way Lauren really could have become a princess. She’s got every right to be angry that this happened to her."
DJ and businesswoman Pope continued: "I might decide to take legal action. I’m not sure at the moment – I’m still working it all out."
A spokesperson from her management commented: "Lauren has been contacted by the Metropolitan Police as part of Operation Weeting. She is taking legal advice over a civil action against the News of the World in relation to information that has come to light about her phone being hacked."
The paper closed down last year in a storm of controversy.
PHOTOS: Lauren Pope hits the town with Katie Price