The driver of the truck that Lindsay Lohan ploughed into earlier this week is blaming the whole incident on the actress.
Lindsay was hospitalized after crashing her rented Porsche into an 18-wheeler truck on Friday. Fortunately the actress wasn't injured but it looks like she won't be getting off the hook too easily.
The driver the actress allegedly hit has come forward to claim that the accident was entirely her fault. The man in question, who has, been identified only as James, told TMZ that he had been minding his own business in his truck when he felt the impact:
"She came over and hit the back of the truck. Then the car pulled up on the sidewalk."
It's bad news for Lindsay as the driver also claims he can prove he was not at fault, after being backed up by eyewitnesses at the scene who apparently "have a video of this whole incident."
Meanwhile, sources say that Lindsay is insisting the truck driver has made the whole story up in a possible attempt to extort money out of her. There have been reports that the actress offered the driver a bribe to keep him quiet, a story that has since been denied by Lindsay's friends.
Lindsay's spokesman Steve Honig said of the incident:
"Lindsay was involved in an automobile accident today on her way to the set. She was brought to Santa Monica UCLA hospital as a precaution. She is fine and was released less than two hours later and is already headed back to the set to resume work. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured in the accident."