X Factor judge Sharon Osbourne has been comforting her son Jack after it was announced yesterday that the star and his wife lost their baby boy to a miscarriage
Jack and his wife Lisa confirmed the sad news on Friday, with Lisa writing it's been the "hardest thing" the couple have ever been through.
The pair had previously admitted to be "super excited" about welcoming their second child following the birth of 17 month old Pearl. Lisa wrote on her Raddest Mom blog about the loss:
''Jack and I lost our baby boy last week. Having a late term miscarriage is by far the hardest thing either of us have ever had to go through. We appreciate all of your prayers.' We never know why things like this happen. All we can do is trust in God and know he has a plan for our lives.''
Sharon has of course been by her 27-year-old son and daughter-in-law's side since they found out the news with an insider revealing that the whole Osbourne family are devastated. The family were especially excited by the baby news after it was revealed this year that Jack has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
A close friend has told The Mirror: “Jack’s been very poorly and after all he’s been through, this is devastating."
“Sharon and Ozzy were delighted when Jack said they were going to have another grandchild and thought it was finally some good news so, as you can imagine, this has hit them all very hard.”
Our thoughts are with the family at this sad time.